If you’re like most people, your refrigerator probably isn’t the cleanest place in your house. In fact, it may be downright cluttered and messy! This can lead to all sorts of problems, such as wasted food and increased energy bills. We’ll go through our favorite refrigerator organization tips that will show you how to organize your refrigerator like a pro. With these tips, you’ll be able to find what you need when you need it, without having to search through a pile of clutter.
Easy Refrigerator Organization Tips:
- Keep it clean. This may seem like an obvious one, but it’s important to regularly clean your fridge! Wipe down the shelves and door handles with a mild soap and water solution. If you have spills, make sure to clean them up as soon as possible.
- Use storage containers. Storage containers can be a lifesaver when it comes to refrigerator organization. They help to keep everything tidy and in its place. Plus, they make it easy to see what you have and what you need.
- Label everything: This will help you to know what’s in each container, and it will also help to keep your fridge organized.
- Group items together: Organize your fridge by grouping similar items together. For example, put all of the dairy products in one area, or store all of the fruits and vegetables together.
- Use the door wisely: The door is one of the most underutilized areas in the fridge. Use it to store items that you don’t need to access as often, such as condiments and beverages.
- Don’t overstuff your fridge: This can lead to decreased air circulation and increased energy bills. Plus, it makes it harder to find what you need.
- Clean out expired food: Don’t let expired food take up space in your fridge. Throw it out on a regular basis so that you can make room for fresh food.
- Store leftovers properly: Leftovers can be a great way to save money and time, but they need to be stored properly.
- Donate excess food: If you have food that you know you won’t eat, consider donating it to a local food bank or soup kitchen.
Bonus: 3 Refrigerator Organization Hacks
For even more ways to keep your fridge organized, check out these four bonus hacks:
- Hate squeezing in vain to get the final drop of sauce from a ketchup or mustard bottle? Simply place an egg carton on your refrigerator door to keep upside-down condiment bottles upright and make pouring them easier!
- Binder clips are a no-brainer when it comes to keeping food organized on your refrigerator’s slotted shelves. If you have opened snack bags or frozen veggies, use binder clips to keep them in place.
- Make it easy for the kids (or you) to grab a snack by making a snack zone in your fridge.
We hope you found these refrigerator organization tips useful! Optimizing your refrigerator may seem like an impossible task, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Want more handy appliance tips? Let us show you how to silence a noisy refrigerator or which common foods you should never refrigerate. And in the event you need fast repair service, be sure to contact the professionals at Lake Appliance Repair.