For most people, the purchase of a new appliance is one of the major expenses in their year. That’s why it makes sense to maintain your appliances right from the start.
With proper care and maintenance, you can extend the life of your household appliances for years! To help you out we’ve assembled below some tips on how to keep your appliances running better for longer.
- Clean the condenser coils twice a year. These are the large coiled tubes found behind or under your fridge. They are easily cleaned using a long-handled brush or a vacuum with a brush attachment.
- Keep the rubber door gasket clean to maintain a tight seal. Check periodically for tears or weak spots. Replace gasket if seal seems loose.
- Change water filter every six months to prevent ice maker and water dispenser from clogging.
Stoves and Ovens
- Clean knobs daily to prevent food build up, which can make knobs difficult to move.
- For glass top stoves, clean regularly with cleaners made specially for glass stovetops. This will prevent scratches and hot spots that can damage the glass.
- Clean oven 2 to 4 times a year, as needed. A clean oven heats more efficiently and the heat distributes more evenly.
Washers and Dryers
- Inspect washing machine hoses regularly. If there are signs of wear or leakage, replace hose.
- Keep washer level to reduce wear and tear on the tub and motor mechanism.
- Clean lint screen after every load. Check screen for rips, and replace as needed.
- Keep outside dryer vent clear of obstructions. This is very important–clogged vents can cause fires!
If you follow these simple tips, you can greatly increase the efficiency and life-span of your appliances. Even with diligent maintenance, however, there is a chance that your appliance will break. When it happens, please contact us. We offer fast, reliable service backed by our one year guarantee on parts and 90 day labor warranty.